Oceanside Tourism Council
The Oceanside Tourism Council (OTC) was created in partnership with tourism related business in order to unite the industry in impacting issues that directly affect tourism and visitor spending in Oceanside. The OTC champions tourism issues related sales, public policy, education and marketing.
Through education and networking, we are promoting Oceanside and creating a tourist-friendly community.
The Mission of the Oceanside Tourism Council is to unite tourism related businesses together in order to generate visitor spending in the City of Oceanside.
Bi-Weekly Oceanside Event Calendar
Oceanside has great events every week. From surf competitions to art exhibits- there is always something going on. Please print and share the event calendar with your staff and guests so everyone knows what there is to do in Oceanside.
If you do not receive the weekly email from Visit Oceanside with the latest Oceanside events, please send Cerina your contact information and she will add your to our list.
Industry Events & Resources:
Downtown Oceanside Parking Map (As of June 2015)
2015 Oceanside Tourism Summit
You are invited to join Visit Oceanside for a fun-filled morning celebrating tourism in Oceanside.
IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU! Your unique story is what shapes the local personality of Oceanside and what keeps visitors coming back for more.Your innovation. Your creativity. Your insider perspective, together build an exciting future for our community. You are the Oceanside story. It’s all about you.
We are excited to welcome keynote speaker Shannon Grey to discuss the power of perception.
May 12, 2015
217 N. Coast Highway Oceanside, CA 92054
For a complete description and to register, please click here: 2015 Oceanside Tourism Summit.
January 2015 OTC Meeting Handouts
The local hospitality industry is invited to attend the first Oceanside Tourism Council meeting of 2015. The theme of this meeting is “How to Leverage Visit Oceanside Marketing and Public Relations.” We have invited Shae Geary, VO Public Relations consultant, to share and discuss the media / marketing calendar for 2015 and to offer tips and suggestions on how Oceanside tourism-related businesses can leverage Visit Oceanside outreach. We will also be sharing the popular Spring Break calendar, to assist our partners in preparing for and planning for a spike in visitors due to Spring Break travel.
Don’t forget to bring your business cards, there will be time for networking.
January 22, 2015: OTC Meeting Handouts:
- 2015 Oceanside Citywide Event Calendar (PDF)
- 2015 SoCal Sports Complex Calendar (PDF)
- 2015 Spring Break Snap Shot (provided by STR Report) (PDF)
- 2015 PR Outline and PR Contact information (PDF)
Oceanside Welcomes Our Citywide Events
Oceanside is home to several Citywide events, bringing hundreds of people into our community for a particular event. Our goal is to welcome the visitors into our community and make them feel welcome during their stay. Please print and post the Welcome Sign in your store front in the days leading up to the event.
Upcoming Citywide Events include, but are not limited to:
- IRONMAN 70.3 Triathlon: March 28, 2015
- Beach Soccer Championships: May 16-17, 2015
- Race Across America: June 16 and 20, 2015: Click to download & print welcome sign
- Paul Mitchell Supergirl Pro: August 7-9, 2015
- Honor Bowl SoCal Football Invitational: 2015 Dates TBD
- Life Time Tri Oceanside Triathlon: October 25, 2015
- Bike the Coast- Taste the Coast: October 10, 2015
- O’side Turkey Trot: November 26, 2015
2015-2016 Oceanside Visitors Guide:
Feature your business in the 2015-2016 official Oceanside Visitors Guide. The Visitors Guide in the #1 marketing tool for Oceanside, sharing your business information directly with visitors interested in learning more about our beautiful community. View the 2015 Oceanside Visitors Guide Rate Card.
For more information about advertising within the Oceanside Visitors Guide, please contact:
- Cerina De Souza at 760-458-0373 or email@example.com OR
- Michelle Martini-Brown at 760-458-6016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Information and Updates
Coast Highway Corridor Study
In 2009, the City of Oceanside adopted the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan. This plan serves as a blueprint for the revitalization and enhancement of the Coast Highway corridor between Harbor Drive in the north and Buena Vista Lagoon in the south. The Vision and Strategic Plan includes several recommendations to transform Coast Highway from an auto-oriented thoroughfare into a “complete street” that serves all modes of transportation from automobiles to pedestrians to bicyclists and transit vehicles.
The City of Oceanside is now embarking on an effort to study and begin the design process for the street enhancements and changes proposed as part of the Vision and Strategic Plan. This effort, called the Coast Highway Corridor Study, will assess existing and future transportation conditions along the corridor and on surrounding streets in order to identify the preferred approach to implementing the recommendations contained in the Coast Highway Vision and Strategic Plan.
The study effort will focus on assessing projects that are consistent with the Vision and Strategic Plan and address the needs of the community through:
- Improving pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure with a focus on safety and comfort
- Enhancing access to transit
- Modifying the roadway with improvements such as roundabouts to improve traffic flow
- Improving parking access to businesses along the corridor
- Encouraging economic development through improvements in mobility and the public streetscape
Click for more information about the Coast Highway Corridor Study.
Research and Industry Resources
- Enjoy a recap and watch the videos from the 2014 Oceanside Tourism Summit.
- View the 2012-2013 Annual Report
- View the 2013 Oceanside Tourism Summit Video. Watch Now!
- View the 2013 Oceanside Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 California Welcome Center Economic Impact Study
- View the 2009 City of Oceanside Economic Development Presentation