At 1,942 feet, the historical Oceanside Pier is one of the longest wooden piers on the West Coast. Take a leisurely stroll out over the Pacific Ocean, watch the surfers ride a wave, fishermen catch a fish, or grab a bite to eat at the end of the pier.
#oceansidepier hashtag on Instagram.
The requested photo source cannot be loaded at this time. Error: OAuthAccessTokenException Code: 400, The access_token provided is invalid.
- This is Oceanside’s most popular beach.
- At the entrance of the pier is the amphitheater which hosts many musical and cultural performances.
- Coin operated binoculars for viewing.
- The pier is the backdrop for some great Oceanside events, which include concerts, surf competitions, Iron Man, Fishing Derby, Classic Car Shows, and it is within walking distance to the Farmer’s and Sunset Markets.
- The pier is a great place to see Seagulls, Pelicans, Dolphins, Seals, Sting Rays, Fish, and much more.
- Fishing off the pier is popular. Shops on the pier where you can rent polls, buy bait, etc.
- Names are etched into the side of the wood on the pier (during the rebuild on the pier they rebuilt bin pieces, to fundraise they offered people to donate $25 for their name to be etched into the wood)